Please read the following carefully to ensure you understand our practices and processes regarding your Data. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the Data Controller is Holt Doctors Limited. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Claire Marshall.
“Cookie” means a small text file saved to the User’s hard drive by Holt Doctors that tracks, saves and stores information about a User and their interaction/use of the site. This allows Holt Doctors to identify recurring visitors and analyse browsing habits and helps to tailor the support we can provide to Users.
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the site.
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, services, tools or information Holt Doctors makes available through the site (now or in the future).
“System” means any online communication infrastructure that Holt Doctors makes available through the site (now or in the future). This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, email links, live chat facilities and message boards.
“User/Users” means any third party that accesses the site and who is not employed by Holt Doctors and acting in the course of their employment.
Without limitation, Holt Doctors may collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you provide by filling in one of our forms on www.holtdoctors.co.uk – this includes information you provide when registering on the site, subscribing to a Service, posting material or requesting further information, entering a promotion or competition or responding to an online survey for example. This information may include:
- Date of birth
- Job title
- Contact details
- Demographic information – postcodes, preferences, interests
- Financial information – bank/credit card details.
- Details of your visits to the Holt Doctors’ site – including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- IP Address (automatically collected – see below).
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected – see below).
- Operating system (automatically collected – see below).
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this site and the site you exit to (automatically collected – see below).
- Cookie information (see below).
Holt Doctors may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about a User’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Holt Doctors may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help Holt Doctors to improve this site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Holt Doctors:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow Holt Doctors to customise its site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to this Site.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your browser follow these instructions:
- Internet Explorer: Open the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Choose the Privacy tab and move the slider to high level of privacy. Click on the Default button if you do not see the slider.
- Netscape: Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences. In the Advanced category, choose Cookies. Click the radio button Disable all cookies.
- Other browsers: Refer to the relevant help menu looking under cookies, privacy or security.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be guaranteed as completely secure. Holt Doctors will always strive to protect your Data to the best of its abilities but any transmission is at your own risk. However, once we have your Data it will be stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Data for marketing purposes. We will usually let you know (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and you can let us know at that time – but you can also exercise your right at any time by contacting email@example.com).
You also have the right to ask for access to the information we hold about you on payment of a small fee.
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your Data to third parties:
- In the event that Holt Doctors sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Holt Doctors may disclose your Data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- If Holt Doctors or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Holt Doctors is under a duty to disclose or share your Data to comply with any legal obligation; enforce or apply our terms of business or other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Holt Doctors, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, include links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to these websites please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Holt Doctors cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website and Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and Holt Doctors cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this site and Holt Doctors participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This site, nor Holt Doctors, will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage Users wishing to discuss such information to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and Holt Doctors, through their social media platform accounts, may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs. Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this site. Despite Holt Doctors’ best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore Holt Doctors cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information