As a supplier listed on all the national supplier frameworks (CCS, HTE and CPP), any doctor who works through us is required to have up-to-date training which is in line with the UK core skills training framework, in the following areas:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) (adult or paediatric as appropriate) – classroom based training only.
- Complaints Handling
- Equality and Diversity and Inclusion
- Fire Safety
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Food Hygene
- Handling medications and Avoiding Drug Errors
- Handling of Violence and Aggression
- Health and Safety (including COSHH and RIDDOR)
- Infection Prevention and Control (including MRSA and Clostridium Difficile).
- Information Governance (including Data Protection and Caldicott Protocols).
- Lone Worker
- Manual Handling – classroom based training initially with an annual online update.
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Safeguarding Children Level 2
- Safeguarding Children Level 3 (only required for Emergency Medicine; Paediatrics; Psychiatry; GP; some Gynaecologists)
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Preventing Radicalisation
For those areas where you do need to complete training, we have included sections below on a number of ways you can take these courses – both online and classroom based.